This blog is for everyone who has in~laws who make their life hell. Welcome to Hades! After years of putting up with this BS, I decided to tell my story.I have also recruited some fellow suffers to tell their stories, if you would like to join us just let me know. Misery loves company!!!! jadedragon6002@aol.com

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I Hate The Holidays - Part II

Thanksgiving


Our First Thanksgiving
I didn't think it would be a problem. Dragon's Mother and Grandmother both work, and they never wanted to be bothered cooking and celebrating Thanksgiving before we married. In their own words "It's our one day to sleep late". Until we meet Dragon spent Thanksgiving with his best friend's family and after we got together he spent it with my family. So I was looking forward to a nice Thanksgiving Holiday with my family.
Then the phone rang.......................................
We had to spend Thanksgiving with them. We had to eat at 11AM (when my family has their celebration; due to the numerous elderly relatives that live out of town and cannot drive after dark - with Dragon's family the only people that had to drive any distance are me and Dragon) we couldn't possible celebrate with them in the evening so I could spend some time with my family.
So we get to GIL at 11AM as specified. NOTHING is ready. Dragon ask when it will be ready as we both skipped breakfast and we are starving, She says soon. 12 noon comes and goes it's still not ready, 1PM, 2PM, 3PM, 4PM all pass and it's still not ready. At 5PM when we are suppose to be heading back home, because I have to get up and go to work the next day, Dragon's cousin pulls into the driveway and voila the meal is finally ready and we MUST stay and eat. I didn't even get a chance to run by my parents house and wish them a Happy Thanksgiving and we didn't get back home until midnight. Considering I have to be up at 7AM I am extremely put out.
Things haven't changed. We are suppose to alternate Thanksgivings between MIL and my parents. It never works. Everything is fine on MIL's turn, but when it is my parents turn MIL comes up with some excuse as to WHY we MUST spend the day with her. So we either end up spending the day with GIL, MIL & SIL (Dragon's brother never shows up for Thanksgiving) or me and Dragon get in a huge fight, so I am miserable even if we do spend the day with my folks. I hate being a bitch. But I have discovered over the years that Dragon will do anything to keep people from yelling, crying or pouting. As long as I behaved like the well bred Southern lady my parents raised MIL, GIL, & SIL always got their way. Now that I yell and scream with the best I at least get my way, it's not the best tactic for a happy marriage. But it's the only way my parents will ever get to spend at least some holidays with their only grandkids.

No comments:

Followers

Contributors