This blog is for everyone who has in~laws who make their life hell. Welcome to Hades! After years of putting up with this BS, I decided to tell my story.I have also recruited some fellow suffers to tell their stories, if you would like to join us just let me know. Misery loves company!!!! jadedragon6002@aol.com

Thursday, July 06, 2006

In The Beginning

Dating


Actually my future MIL, SIL and GIL (Grandmother in law) were very nice to me when I was dating Dragon. According to Dragon his whole family thought I was wonderful.

Years later when Dragon and I were having marital problems and MIL thought he was going to leave me she confessed that "She never thought I would marry him, that I was just slumming" (What a nice thing to say to your son).

The first inkling of what a selfish monster my future MIL was came when Dragon graduated from college. FMIL decided the day of Dragon's graduation that if her "girlfriend" wasn't invited she wasn't coming. As FSIL, and FGIL were suppose to ride with her this created a HUGE problem. FGIL insisted that she didn't feel like driving and that she thought something was wrong with her car anyway. Thus FGIL and FSIL had to ride with me and Dragon. This meant that Dragon and I would be unable to attend the after graduation parties as we wouldn't have anywhere to leave FGIL and FSIL. If that's not bad enough FGIL insisted on sitting up front by Dragon, which meant I got stuck in the back seat (where I got car sick), then she had to stop to go to the bathroom every 30 minutes what should have been a 2 hour drive took over 3 hours and Dragon was almost too late to get in line to graduate. I wound up dropping everyone off and looking for a spot to ditch the car on my own. And to top it off FGIL and FSIL didn't even bother to save me a seat. ................

Then Dragon thought that after we dropped his Grandmother and Sister off we could enjoy a nice romantic dinner for two to make up for the graduation parties we missed. We dropped FGIL off at her house and then headed to Dragon's house to drop FSIL off. His Mother wasn't home and FSIL refused to stay by herself (for crying out loud she was 15). So we headed back to FGIL house with FSIL in tow to leave her there. The woman who didn't feel like driving and who thought her car was broke was GONE. Our romantic dinner for two tuned into a threesome. A dinner I paid for btw. Did FSIL tell me thank you, NO!

But two weeks later Dragon and I said "I do".

3 comments:

MM said...

Haha! And there in lies the problem... You didn't just marry a spouse, you married the mom, the dad, the dog.... I'm thinking "Meet the Fockers"....Whenever I start thinking we're weird, I think of DeNiro and his rubber boob. F-U-N-N-Y!!!!!

Jade said...

The funny thing is my Father in law and Step Mother in law are wonderful. Dragon's half brothers and half sisters are great. So on one hand I know what it's like to have normal in-laws. I have a wonderful relationship with them.

So WHY couldn't his step Mom be his real MOM???????

MM said...

Because everyone who says they're real are really fake. Back to the boob analogy. If the baby didn't think it were real, he wouldn't take it. Stop seeing his step mom as the step. She's the mom, the other one is a hairy gorilla dressed up as a mom.

Followers

Contributors